Article 9 is a required course for anyone being paid to provide services for DDD clients. The principals of Article 9 provide the foundation from which we determine how to best support individuals who have disabilities in a manner that teaches new skills, while respecting the person’s dignity and rights.
At the end of the course, students will receive a certificate of instruction that is valid for 3 years, and will thoroughly understand the topics covered in the course, which include:
Historical Overview of Article 9
- The 4 Guiding Principles of Positive Behavior Support
- Rights of individuals with disabilities
- Guidelines for Confidentiality
- Identification and Reporting of Abuse and Neglect
- Positive Teaching Methods
- Understanding Behavior Plans
- Teaching Techniques Which Require PRC Approval
- Prohibited Techniques
- Individual Support Plan Team
- Reporting Use of Emergency Physical Intervention Techniques
This 4 hour class meets the Division’s training requirement for Direct Support Professionals and administrators.
Please contact Trainer Naomi Ware for scheduling and upcoming training events:
- (520) 345-4522 firstname.lastname@example.org